Lately Ive noticed that Brayden doesnt know very many kids songs... he doesnt really pretend much like I thought he actually did! Example the other night at gymboree, we were making pretend cookies... I was playing along trying to get brayden involved and having fun... he just looked at me and said mom, you are silly, thats not cookie dough, its a circle... it was a circle piece of foam but he was not pretending at all! Then when we were making pancakes he kinda gave me this look like, are you kidding me? you dont know that those arent pancakes and that we cant eat them! LOL His facial expression was just the funniest... it made me feel really dumb! LOL But I continued playing and eventually he came around and opened up a little with his imagination! LOL Anyways, after noticing other kids who were younger than him in his gymboree class singing the abc's and other kid songs I felt like I was slacking on my part because I obviously am not teaching him these things or exposing it to him enough! So while we were on our way to picking up Summer from school, I was telling Brayden that I was going to buy him a CD that would be just his, that would have some fun kid songs on it like the ABC's and I started asking him to sing the ABC's... he got clear to G and stopped.. he told me... " mom, I dont know this song! But I do know how to play games on Summer's DS. You should get me a DS and a sonic game so I can play that!" LOL Are you kidding me? My 3 yr old wants a DS? Thats it! I told Summer tonight that Brayden is not allowed to watch Hannah Montana or those other dumb non educational shows with her anymore... Instead if he chooses to watch TV its gotta be educational like animal planet or like it, dora, diego, word world, super Y, wiggles, etc... something that he will learn things from! Not some TV show that doesnt do anything good for your brain! I think that too much TV just isnt the greatest idea for kids but he is are gonna watch it at all, it better teach him something good!!! I need to start encouraging him to use his imagination and to sing more often! Well night all.... Im sleepy!
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment